Thursday 6 June 2013

Got out my old chalks and they are Blooming Great


Well I was lucky enough to have had a birthday last week - and I was lucky enough to get some more crafting stash from my wonderful family and friends.  So a big thank you and hug to everyone - I love you all - Gosh I feel like I am accepting an award, lol!!!!!!!!!

Anyway back to my card - I used a versa mark ink pad to stamp my skeleton leaves onto plain white card stock and then coloured it with my old papermaina chalks ( I got them when I first started crafting in 2008 and didnt really know what to do with them and was really disappointed with the results I got so put them away in the cupboard never to see the light of day again until now).  I got them out as I really like the look and effect of pan pastels but they are so expensive and I was wondering if my chalks would achieve the same sort of effect.  I was pleasantly surprised they blended effortlessly and I needed no expensive tools just plain old cotton wool buds.  My only grumble is that I dont have any browns in my collection!!! The stamps are from the Indigo Blu - Bloomin Great stamp plate (courtesy of Kate at Bellaboo) and I used my distressed markers (Scattered Straw and Crushed Olive) pens  I must say I am sooooo pleased with the results and they were s real pleasure to use.  I hope you like my card and you are enjoying the beautiful weather we are having at the moment.
Thats all for now folks.  Thank you for stopping by.  I am back off  to work now but just wanted to share my card with you.

Love'n'stuff

Tracy
Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. it's gorgeous, Tracy! Such pretty colours. I love it. Having spent a bit on pan pastels I am afraid I am not keen. I find them so messy! I can do everything they do with ink dusters and chalks, so I'm happy. I found eye shadow is also okay to use, but not sure if it would stand the test of time though!

    ReplyDelete