Monday 6 May 2013

What a Scorcher!

Hope you are enjoying your day,  isn't it beautiful?   I am posting this blog from the garden in the beautiful sunshine.   Yesterday we dropped my son off in Oxford where he is having to complete 3 weeks work experience at Linear Fisheries.   He will be living in his bivvy for 3 weeks,  not my idea of fun but he has been really looking forward to going even if he has to do a bit of work.   I must say though the place was spectacular,  I know the sunshine helped make it look idilic, but I was impressed.       

 
                                       

What do you think?  He is with 2 of his college friends so I know he will be ok.   He has called already to tell us he has caught a 15lb mirror carp so he is obviously enjoying himself. 

So with the water water theme in mind here are 2 cards I have made using Sheena Douglas little bit Sketchy stamps - I have stamped them in distressed inks and then pulled out the colour with a water brush. 



I love these stamps they are really easy to use. 
Anyway best be on my way now as I think I should help my husband wash down my greenhouse.   Enjoy the rest of your day.   Bye for now Tracy Xxxxxxxx 

2 comments:

  1. These cards are beautiful Tracy, you have such a lovely technique going on. On a day like today even I don't think I would mind being in a 'bivvy' in a location like that but not so sure if the weather turns! Hope he has a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards and wonderful scenery, Tracy. You have reminded me that I have those stamps but haven't used them much yet, and they would be ideal for a commission I am working on. It has been a gorgeous day here too

    ReplyDelete