Saturday 6 April 2013

Thank goodness it's the weekend

Finally it's Saturday -it's been the longest week ever.  Once again I have that twitchy feeling - I haven’t had a chance to do any crafting since my last blog on Wednesday morning.

Firstly I must say a big thank you to my lovely friends for indulging me with my WOYWW blog.  It was so good to see what was on your desks.

After shopping and clearing up this morning I sat at my desk and had some much needed therapy time!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh bliss!!!!!!! and the twitchy feeling starts to fade.  I have been at my desk for some time now and TADAARRR









This is my finished card for the Indigo Blu  Words and Phrases challenge.  I love the indigo Blu range and love how versatile they are.  I used them lots in some samples for Bellaboo.co.uk.  You can see them on their blog.  Kate gave me some papers and asked me to just have a play - I had a fab time - even got to borrow some of her stamps (indigo blu ones of course).

The stamps plates I used are from Indigo Blu Grand Tour 1 - Wild Meadow - Map -background and
I made up my own phrase using different sentences from the other sentiments - Your destination holds the possibility of sunshine wherever you go.

I stamped all the elements onto Kraft card, using the map stamp to make my background - I then used flitter glue and gold flake and randomly stamped the word travel - I distressed the edges of my background with my distressing tool, unfortunately you can't see it very well in the photo but I have embossed a compass into the background - this didn't stand out as much as I would have liked so I sanded over the area which popped it off the page slightly and also just toned the ink and foil down slightly.  I also distressed the edges of the lady on the bike.

The back two tickets have a little crackle glaze on them just to make them look a little more worn.

The only colour I have used is vintage photo distressed ink and backed everything onto gold mirror card. I have used one of the Tim Holtz trinket pins just to add a little something.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday - I hope you like my creation.

Tracy

Xxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Tracy, love all the detail. Thank you for joining in with the Indigo Blu Forever 21 challenge. Good luck. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete