Monday 12 August 2013

Patterned Paper

I am not sure if you know but I am soooooooooo scared of patterned papers, daft I know, I have loads of it.  I find them a real challenge to work with, so when Kate of Bellaboo told me of her idea for the August Challenge I was thinking Oh Noooooooooo, it was going to be a massive personal challenge for me. This months challenge is 3,2,1.  I main image, 2 patterned papers and 3 embellishments.  Here is my interpretation of it.


Its the Indigo Blu Wild meadow set again.  My main focal is the dandelions that I stamped with Tim Holtz faded jeans, I then die cut and brushed the edges with same colour.  For my first patterned paper I used versamark ink to stamp the corner stamp randomly over a sheet of card, I then chalked the whole piece with a light blue.  For pattern paper 2 I covered a piece of paper with a darker blue chalk then stamped the dandelion seeds in various places but this time with flitter glue, then I went back over tje whole area with the same chalk again.  I ripped the edges just to give it a bit of texture. So viola I now have 2 pieces of patterned paper.  My embellishments are 1, the bow,  2, the dazzler on the bow,  3, I used a Memory box die that is quite a long one so I cut bits off it and added them to my card.  To finish it all off I added some glitter and a few sparkleys.  Hope you like it.

So then I thought I would look through all my papers and have a go with the real patterned stuff, and remembered some papers that I won in a competition that Bellaboo run last year, before I became a member of the Bellaboo design team. They are Prima Natures Garden Collection.  They are all colour co-ordinating.  So I gave myself a good talking to and decided to try.  As it happens I am pleased with the finished piece.



Then I was on a roll.  I made Kates son a birthday card with black and white papers, I thought that I couldnt go wrong with the neutral colours.  Happy 21st Will hope you had a fab time.



Hope you like my work.  I am pleased with my results.  As I say I normally really shy away from Patterned papers and have surprised myself.

Have a go at the challenge you will find all the details on the Bellaboo website. www.bellaboo.co.uk.  Good luck and thank you for popping by.  Lots of love and stuff

Tracy

Xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment