Monday 29 July 2013

Fantastic day at Indigo Blu

Well what a day! Kate and I left the house at 5.30am, after she checked I had my shoes on of course, thanks for that Kate.  We watched the sun coming up and had a really lovely drive upto Retford to Indigo Blu headquarters.  What a great set up the shop was amazing and so was the training area.  They plied everyone with cake, refreshments , and a good hearty lunch.  We went through various techniques with Flitter Glue, I personally didn't realise you could use it with so many things. Flake, glitter, mica powder and distressed inks. We got to try out their Gesso and new paint range - we were stamping with them - the effects were amazing and the colour names of the paints brilliant.  We tried Slap it on and Korma crackle, I got to get me some of them let me tell u - the effects were stunning I must say.  We made a tag book to show how each product could be used.  We even got to try out some ice resin - it was great to try it as its something I probably wouldn't have a try at.  Kay and her crew were so friendly and made us feel very much at home. Kay even explained the process of how stamps are made.  It was really interesting.  Unfortunately I was poorly while I was there so didn't get to try any cake or lunch............... But I was determined to stick out the day as I was so looking forward to it, I just hope that I didn't spoil it for Kate.  We got home just after 8.30pm, and we were able to watch the sun set so it was a long day but a really enjoyable one. So a big thank you to Kate for inviting me and a big thank you to Kay and her team, we both learnt loads of new things.

First I covered a piece of card with some purple chalk then I stamped my images in Flitter Glue, I then went over the flitter with some more purple chalk.  The background was stamped in Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distressed ink.  The stamps are Indigo Blu Wild Meadow.  I added a little bit of stickles Stardust glitter.

We used pan pastels when we did this technique at Indigo Blu but I don't have any of them - I was pleased to get the chance to try them and have to say I am glad I didn't buy any, when I applied them with the sponges I had the same problem that I always get with inks and sponges.  So another lesson learnt.

Hope you like my project, thank you for popping by, enjoy your evening.

Tracy 
Xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment