Monday 18 March 2013

My first craft challenge

As you know I am on my holidays in Cornwall at the moment - we visited Port Issac (doc martin land) this morning and it was a warm sunny beautiful morning.  Then as we were driving back to our lodge the rain started!!!! It was the perfect excuse to start crafting (although I don't need an excuse).  I stamped out my new lily of the valley Easter stamp.  My supplies are limited due to car space but actually it was a real test - I coloured the image with my spectrum noir pens LV1,2 and 3 - IG 1,2 and 4
TN 7,8 - GB10 - DG 2, 4 - CG1 - BT1.  I edged the image with LV3. Then I put some gems in the corners to help frame the image. 
For my background I dusted milled lavender distressed ink onto plain white paper then stamped one of the small flowers from Sheena Douglas busy doing nothing stamps with dusty concord ink.  I used a doily from pm crafts then coloured some sheer white ribbon again with the  LV3 pen, I pleated it randomly just to add a little more depth.  The bunting was cut from bits of card and I hand wrote ENJOY (I don't have any Easter sentiments with me).  I added some glitter glue just for a little sparkle.

While I was killing time on Google I found a craft challenge blog that just so happened to be requesting that you use bunnies in your entry so I thought I would give it a try.  Even with my limited supplies I am pleased with the results.  Probably not up to the standards of the other entries but every one has to start somewhere.  Wish me luck.  

Happy crafting 

Tracy xxxxx 


2 comments:

  1. Great card, thanks for sharing at My time to craft, good luck with challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Tracy - didn't know you had this stamp, I may have to borrow it :).

    ReplyDelete